Welcome to the Bruce Ski Club
Grey and Bruce Counties, Ontario
The Bruce Ski Club operates some of the most affordable, accessible and best maintained cross-country ski trails in southern Ontario.
Members have unlimited access to the cross-country ski and snowshoe trails at all Bruce Ski Club locations. Individual and family memberships are available. Non-members may purchase a day pass at a very reasonable rate.
- Sawmill Nordic Centre in Hepworth, Ontario, is our most popular location. This site has trails for novice and advanced skiers. The trails are groomed for both classic and skate skiing. The centre also features a lit loop for night skiing and snowshoe trails cut through rolling hardwood and evergreen stands.
- Colpoys Ski Trail is located northeast of Wiarton, Ontario. It offers cross-country skiing through gently rolling, sheltered woods and open fields. There are many great views across Colpoy’s Bay.
Trail reports: Trail condition reports are posted on our website and Facebook page. These are based on the last time the trails were groomed or checked. Conditions may have changed since the last report due to weather or other circumstances. As always, please ski with caution.
The Bruce Ski Club hosts events throughout the year for both novice and expert cross-country skiers. This includes the Jackrabbit cross-country ski program for children, an annual used ski equipment swap and ski races for adults, teens and children.
COVID-19 Changes at the Trails
- Masks or other face coverings that cover both the mouth and nose are mandatory at all times unless physical distancing can be achieved (a minimum of 6 feet). We also suggest wearing a mask while using the port-a-potty due to the confined space.
- Guests are asked to refrain from visiting the Bruce Ski Club trails if they are ill or have had a known or possible exposure to COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Guests should not congregate in groups. Do your ski and head home.
- If there is stay-at-home order in place, the Bruce Ski Club advises people from outside our region that they should NOT be traveling to our trails during that time.
- We recommend that you download COVID Alert on your phone. This is Canada's free app that helps us break the cycle of COVID-19 infection. The app can let app users know of possible exposures before any symptoms appear.
- Closed Gerry’s Place (warm-up cabin) at Sawmill Nordic Centre
- Added a second entrance to the Sawmill Nordic Centre trails from the end of the parking lot.
- Spread out ski racks to promote physical distancing.
- Posted appropriate signs advising people to physical distance distance.
- Implemented an online day pass purchase interface.
- If it gets too busy (aka parking lots exceeding capacity), we may switch to members-only skiing.
- Clean port-a-potties once a day.
- Placed signage on trails outlining COVID-19 protocols.