The Bruce Ski Club hosts cross-country ski races and other events throughout the year.
Events are held at the Sawmill Nordic Centre in Hepworth, Ontario, or at the club’s other two locations. There are ski races for classic and skate skiing styles.
Many of the cross-country ski races are for local public and high school ski teams, including:
- CWOSSA Cross-Country Ski Race – No CWOSSA this year at Sawmill
- Suntrail Special Cross-Country Ski Race – Sunday, February 11, 2018
- Great Wolf Invitational Ski Race (formerly West Hill Invitational Secondary School Ski Race) – Monday, January 15, 2018
The Bruce Ski Club also hosts several other cross-country ski events each year, such as:
- Awesome Adult Afternoon Ski Lesson – February 10, 2018: A GBN-sponsored event for adults interested in improving their ski skills.
- Cross-Country Ski Swap – Saturday, November 4, 2017, 8 am: If you are in need of used ski equipment, the Ski Swap is a great place to find it. Held at Suntrail Source for Adventure in Hepworth, Ontario. Drop off your swap items to Suntrail between October 20 and November 2.
- Moonlight Ski, a nighttime skiing event hosted at Sawmill Nordic Centre.
- Ontario Masters Championship, a cross-country ski race for adults 30 years of age and older.
- Ski Too Far, a chance to test your skiing endurance, almost like a ski race against yourself.
- Ski Trail Work Parties, held each fall to clear the trails of trees and debris.
- Sawmill Nordic Centre: Saturday, November 4, 2017, 10 am
- Colpoys Bay: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 9 am
Bruce Ski Club Events Calendar
The Bruce Ski Club events calendar list upcoming cross-country ski races and other events. You can also stay in the loop by liking our Facebook page.