The Bruce Ski Club offers some of the best cross-country skiing in southern Ontario.
The club maintains trails for cross-country skiing at locations in Grey and Bruce Counties. It also has snowshoe trails in Hepworth, Ontario.
- Colpoys Ski Trail is located on the Bruce Peninsula, which is bordered by Lake Huron and Georgian Bay.
- Sawmill Nordic Centre is located in Hepworth, Ontario, at the crossroads between Owen Sound, Sauble Beach and Wiarton, Ontario.
Our cross-country ski season averages 80 to 90 days each year. In some years we have had over 140 skiable days during the season.
Short Drive to Best Cross-Country Skiing in Southern Ontario
The club’s cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are frequented by residents of Grey and Bruce Counties.
What many people don’t realize, though, is that some of the best cross-country skiing in southern Ontario is within a few hours drive of many major cities in Canada and the United States, including:
- three hours from Toronto, Ontario
- two-and-a-half hours from Barrie, Ontario
- five hours from Sudbury, Ontario
- four hours from Buffalo, New York
- four-and-a-half hours from Detroit, Michigan
Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing Trips
Grey and Bruce Counties offer many inns, motels and bed and breakfasts for out-of-town guests looking to turn their cross-country skiing or snowshoeing trip into a multi-day adventure.
Equipment for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing can be rented or purchased at retail locations in Hepworth and Owen Sound, Ontario.
For more information on lodging and other cultural or outdoor activities in the area, check out the Explore the Bruce or Visit Grey websites.
Map of Bruce Ski Club’s Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe Trails
This map shows all Bruce Ski Club locations. Detailed maps of the cross-country ski and snowshoe trails can be found on the individual trail pages.