The Bruce Ski Club offers some of the best cross-country skiing in southern Ontario.
The club maintains trails for cross-country skiing at locations in Grey and Bruce Counties. It also has snowshoe trails in Hepworth, Ontario.
- Colpoys Ski Trail is located on the Bruce Peninsula, which is bordered by Lake Huron and Georgian Bay.
- Sawmill Nordic Centre is located in Hepworth, Ontario, at the crossroads between Owen Sound, Sauble Beach and Wiarton, Ontario.
Our cross-country ski season averages 80 to 90 days each year. In some years we have had over 140 skiable days during the season.
Short Drive to Best Cross-Country Skiing in Southern Ontario
The club’s cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are frequented by residents of Grey and Bruce Counties.
What many people don’t realize, though, is that some of the best cross-country skiing in southern Ontario is within a few hours drive of many major cities in Canada and the United States, including:
- three hours from Toronto, Ontario
- two-and-a-half hours from Barrie, Ontario
- five hours from Sudbury, Ontario
- four hours from Buffalo, New York
- four-and-a-half hours from Detroit, Michigan
Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing Trips
Grey and Bruce Counties offer many inns, motels and bed and breakfasts for out-of-town guests looking to turn their cross-country skiing or snowshoeing trip into a multi-day adventure.
Equipment for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing can be rented or purchased at retail locations in Hepworth and Owen Sound, Ontario.
Map of Bruce Ski Club’s Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe Trails
This map shows all Bruce Ski Club locations. Detailed maps of the cross-country ski and snowshoe trails can be found on the individual trail pages.