by Fred Scheel
For the first time in the history of the Bruce Ski Club we had snow on November 6th. Since then we have had at least 10 days of skiing, however a mild spell the last week of November has wiped out most of our snow.
Since the last newsletter the following has happened at the trail:
- The ceiling of the PistenBully shed has been foamed to help insulate and act as a barrier to rodents in the shed.
- Our Work party on November 9th was well attended. Thanks to all who helped.
- On November 18th we picked up our new Yamaha Grizzly Quad to replace our skidoo. The Grizz is ready to go!
- Our Skidoo, a Skandic v800 4 tech is for sale. If you have anyone interested, get them to call Fred.
- New electrical and security wiring has been placed between the Shelter and PistenBully shed. Hook-up to follow soon.
- Ralph Suke bush-hogged the trail on November 20th. Now we just need more snow.
- We are still planning on doing some bull dozing, just waiting for the dozer to become available (probably the last week in November).
- All scheduling for the upcoming season is in place, let the games begin.
- John Cameron has headed a group to expand the Lit Loop. Plans and Permission are in place, this project will probably commence prior to next season.
Best wishes in the upcoming season from Fred Scheel and the Sawmill Groomers.