Bruce Ski Club is currently seeking a volunteer to serve as Race Coordinator.
The club has a long history of hosting ski races. The Race Coordinator position involves the following:
- Oversee the running of the Suntrail Special and co-hosting 1 or 2 High school races with Owen Sound District SS
- Communicate with the club executive committee to help set race dates and ensure hosting requirements are met.
- Attend monthly Executive meetings usually one evening per month from September to April.
- As a member of the Club Executive, participate and have input into the operation of the Club in general.
- Organize a great team of experienced, dedicated race volunteers who efficiently execute the plan for each race.
- Communicate with co-hosts, club members and race volunteers to develop the race plan and assemble the team for each race.
- Having basic understanding of race officials duties is helpful and can be gained through the free online level 1 officials course. https://cccofficials.moonami.com
There are many great people within the club who will be a valuable resource for the person or persons who hear the call. Races at the Bruce ski club are festive opportunities for our ski community to assemble to celebrate our love of the sport. \