Cross Country Ski Ontario (XCSO) has come up with a safe way for us to celebrate our love of skiing and compete against other clubs this season.
Objectives of the Challenge
Participants challenge themselves, teammates, and club members to ski as many kilometres as they can over the time period of January 1 to March 31 2021.
How to Enter Your Kilometres Skied into the XCSO Kilometre Challenge:
- Open up our XCSO Kilometre Challenge Board.
- Find your club in the tabs at the bottom.
- Enter your name and the number of kilometres you have skied each day on the left side of your club’s sheet and under the day’s date to the right respectively.
Awards and Challenges
- Top 1, 2, 3 W/M individuals with the most kilometres at the end of the allotted time period will win a prize.
- Top 1, 2, 3 clubs with the most kilometres per member (registered in the challenge) will be awarded at the end of the allotted time period.
- Club with the greatest number of total accumulated kilometres skied will win a ‘COVID Kilometre Challenge 2021’ banner
- Winners of ‘Surprise’ challenges throughout the winter will be awarded various XCSO prizes. These challenges could include but are not limited to ‘Kilometre burst time periods’, ‘Team events,’ and ‘Specific technique only’ competitions.
Further details can be found on the XCSO website.
With 1000+ members and our great trails BSC could log 100,000 Kilometres as long as we all participate by keeping track on the challenge board.
Happy Skiing in 2021